Citizen is a column that explains how the government’s policies fucks citizens and how we can unfuck ourselves.
Okay, so if you’ve not seen Tinubu’s message to the Edo voters, find it here:
Still didn’t watch it? Here’s a quick summary:
- Tinubu says Edo people should reject Godwin Obaseki in Edo’s Governorship election
- Tinubu says he has suffered with many others to bring about democracy in Nigeria
- Tinubu says Obaseki can’t understand the values and pains of democracy since he didn’t participate in any democratic struggle
- Tinubu speaks on the political happenings with the Edo State Legislature, says Obaseki is a dictator.
Now, we have a few questions:
- Why is Tinubu so interested in the Edo election?
- Is it only people who were in this democratic struggle that can understand the importance of democracy?
- So, who are the defenders of democracy in Nigeria?
- What plans does the candidate from Tinubu’s party have for Edo people, and how will he achieve them?
Long and Short
The Edo State election is this Saturday. Expect many more hot takes and gbas gbos from politicians. Meanwhile, get ready to vote if you’re a citizen of the state and you actually can. The next few days will be… interesting. Or chaotic?
For your next read: Why the Edo State election is jazzing up.
Check back every weekday by 10am for more Zikoko Citizen stories.