Find five random Nigerians and ask them if they’ve done at least three things in this list. There is a good chance that they will tell you yes. If they say no, they’re dirty liars and are living a fake life. Zikoko is never wrong.
Let’s dive in.
1. Telling people you’re broke when you’re not
You go “Plis dear, we’re all broke.” all the time, but there are millions of naira in your PiggyVest.
2. Using YOLO as an excuse to splurge
“You only live once” always seems like a good mantra until you start questioning your decision-making a week after you’ve run your account low. Sha, nobody sent you.
3. Wondering how funds left your account when you’re broke
But you know know what you did, didn’t you?
4. Hoping to find money in the most unlikely places
Do you remember keeping money inside the pocket of the pair of jeans you don’t even wear? So, what are you looking for exactly?
5. Looking for non-existent onigbeses
Remember how you pretended like you were broke to get out of loaning money to your friends? Well, there’s nothing to collect now.
6. Repeating 2-5 every chance you get